CARIBBEAN COMMUNITY IN PHILADELPHIA
Our Social Mission: "Positively reframe the narrative about and for the Caribbean People."
Our Vison: "Creating Community with innovative programming and providing real life solutions."
Our Core Values: Five (5)
Committed to Cultural Identity, Responsible Representation, Integrity in Action, Positive Cultural Affirmations, Defending Cultural Content.
Caribbean Community in Philadelphia is dedicated to building a well represented image of Caribbean Diaspora People. We help to reframe our multi-cultural and multi-linguistic identity narrative through culture, education, truama and grief support, natural disaster, entreprenuership, sports, employment, housing. We cultivate and present the Caribbean Islands, as more than a tourist destination.
We engage, promote and connect people on issues that matters to the Caribbean, Philadelphia and the US.
CCP exist as a diverse, emerging arts organization, with an 8-part, multi-layered programming. We are dedicated to providing a safe space to interface and explore our rich Caribbean Cultural Identity and Heritage.
Emerging Caribbean Identity:
We serve our community with an 8-part programming.
Arts & Culture, Education, Health, Sports, Business, Seniors, Immigration, Climate Change & Natural Disaster.
CARIBBEAN FILM SCREENING & BLACK HEALING MATTERS
1. Promoting Caribbean Films (5 years of Caribbean Films in various places around Philly)
2. Healing 4 Black Advocates supports Philly For R.E.A.L. Justice. Creating a safe sacred space for self-care, self-healing in the Black Community.
Retooling, Rest and Rejunevation for frontline, sideline and backline soldiers in the real struggle for Black Lives Matter.
3. CCP has been a strong supporter for BLM and Caribbean St. Lucian born, Bothem Shem Jean with a candlelight vigil. We continue to provide support for know your rights (immigrants, stopped by the police).
4. Grief and Truama Support Services for immigrants and International students a
CARIBBEAN CONVERSATIONS & CARIBBEAN CHILDREN'S STORYTIME
Promoting Caribbean Digital On-line Literacy with our partnering organization, Raices Culturales Latinoamericanas.
Engaging, educating and empowering Children and Caregivers with storytime at home and at the libraries with our culture.
ENTREPRENUERS BUSINESS ENCAMPMENT
Empowering, Equipping and Training Immigrant Social Innovators, Self Starters and Small Businesses Owners on how to operate, support and collaborate with each other.
Tapping into city resources, micro loans and big business enterprise, accessing capital.
Joshua Teshome of Jamaica.
2019 Winner of 5th Annual Caribbean Edutopia Quiz Competition. Age 12-15 years old.
CARIBBEAN COMMUNITY IN PHILADELPHIA
Make Your Mark
MAKE A DONATION
Want to join our efforts but not sure where to start? Make a Donation and take advantage of this incredible opportunity to lend your support. It’s a great way to contribute to our cause, and every little bit counts towards paving the path for a better tomorrow. Get in touch with us today for more details about how you can help.
PARTNER WITH US
Our organization always appreciates the generosity and involvement of people like you, with every contribution going towards making Caribbean Community in Philadelphia an even better Nonprofit, Grassroots Organization, than it already is.
We want to provide you with the connect you to your sub-island community. We want to connect you to local resources, and provide you opportunities to empower you.
Don't hesitate to reach us, as so many people have done during inquiry, connection, and volunteered services.
VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME
At Caribbean Community in Philadelphia, we believe in the power of volunteerism. Selflessly giving of your time and resources, help to enhance your personal life and connection to the cause of CCP by empowering your professional life goals.
Cultural | Civic | Community Engagement
Caribbean Community in Philadelphia emerged out of our online social media platform. We purposely inspire and support our Caribbean Community members, by bridging the gap of cultural understanding, continuos education, advocacy for our immigrant and human rights, engagment in civic rights and responsibilties and empowering of our community.
CCP was established in 2013 with a 4-part programming initiatives.
By December, 2019, we grew to an 8-part programming initiatives: Health, Education, Sports, Arts & Culture, Seniors, Immigration, Business, Climate Change & Natural Diasaster Support.
We're driven by progressive ideas, bold actions, and a strong foundation of connected organizational grassroot support.
- Caribbean Business AppreciationThu, Mar 26Paris Bistro & Jazz CafeMar 26, 2020, 7:30 PM – 10:30 PMParis Bistro & Jazz Cafe, 8235 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19118, USADine in or mix and mingle at the bar with great Caribbean French Fusion A La Carte. Enjoy the sounds of Caribbean Latino, De Tierra Caliente. Congratulate the four (4) honorees in Caribbean Business. In honor of immigrant Business Week in the City of Philadelphia.
- 6th Annual Caribbean Edutopia Quiz CompetitionFri, Feb 28Barbados Social Club Of Philadelphia IncFeb 28, 2020, 7:00 PM – 9:30 PMBarbados Social Club Of Philadelphia Inc, 3910 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USAOur annual Black History Month event that engages students 7-11 & 12-15 years old on Caribbean History and significant contributions made by Caribbean Americans. We honor Caribbean teachers and engage the audience in an impromptu quiz.
- 2020 Census Day of ActionMon, Apr 01National Constitution Center
Caribbean People on the Rise
Caribbean Community in Philadelphia is a non-profit organization, fiscally sponsored project of CultureTrust Greater Philadelphia, a charitable 501 (c) (3) organization. We are an art and cultural collective, using education empowerment and advocacy. We engage culture and provide a platform for Globalized conversations.